- 1 cup water
3/4 cup caster sugar
500g frozen raspberries
Juice 1 lime
3 tablespoons elderflower cordial
2 tablespoons St Germain elderflower liqueur
- 2 tablespoons good quality vodka (optional if you want to make it a ‘grown-up’ dessert)
- Add water and sugar into a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil then simmer for 5 – 6 minutes then remove from heat. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Place raspberries into the bowl of a food processor and start to whizz on high, add lime juice and elderflower cordial (or liqueur and vodka) and mix to combine, add cooled sugar syrup. Add the vodka now if you are using.
- Pass through a fine sieve into a metal tray or freezer-proof container, transfer to freezer shelf.
- After 2 hours scrape granita roughly using a fork then return to freezer and repeat scraping process in another 2 hours (or you can just do this stage once and leave the granita in the freezer until you are ready to serve).
- To serve scrape up all the grainta in the dish and spoon into serving glasses.