- 4 (about 850g) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 2cm cubes
500g frozen blueberries, thawed
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar and pure (thin) cream, to serve
1/2 cup (80g) wholemeal flour
2 tbs plain flour
50g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
2 tbs brown sugar
1/3 cup (55g) roasted whole almonds
1/3 cup (50g) unsalted roasted peanuts, plus extra 2 tbs chopped
1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the crumble topping, place the flours and butter in a food processor and whiz for 1 minute or until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add brown sugar and pulse to combine – if the mixture looks moist or too clumpy, add an extra 1-2 tablespoons wholemeal flour.
- Add the whole almonds and 1/3 cup (50g) peanuts, then pulse until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- Place apple, blueberries, caster sugar and vanilla in a bowl and stir well to coat.
- Tip into a 1.5L baking dish, then scatter over the crumble topping. Sprinkle the crumble with flaked almonds and extra 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until crumble is golden and bubbling. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.