- 3 medium sized Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 medium sized Josephine or William pears, peeled and diced
- 1 sheet pre-rolled vanilla bean shortcrust pastry
- 1 sheet pre-rolled butter puff pastry
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup water
- Egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (390˚F)
- Butter a 12 hole pie tin then dust with sifted flour.
- Using a suitably sized round cutter, cut 12 circles of shortcrust pastry from the pre-rolled sheet and line each section of the pie dish, prick each case with a fork 2 or 3 times then blind bake for 10 minutes until firm and lightly golden.
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients (with exception of the puff pastry!) and simmer for 20-30 mins or until soft and liquid has thickened. Spoon filling into part-baked shortcrust pastry shells then top with a puff pastry lid. Coast with egg wash, a sprinkling of caster sugar and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warn with cream.
- Makes 12 mini pies