For the rib sauce
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red and 1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups coca cola
- 1/2 cup water
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 racks free-range baby back pork ribs (approx. 12 ribs per rack)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 green and 1 red long chilli, finely sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- To make the rib sauce, add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Place ribs into a baking tray and coat thoroughly with the sauce. Cover with cling wrap, chill in fridge and allow to marinade for 2 – 3 hours.
- Cook ribs in oven for approx. 2 hours, basting often using a brush every 20 minutes or so. You’ll notice as the ribs cook the sauce will thicken up.
- Serve warm scattered with finely chopped extra red and green chilli and a scattering of sesame seeds (optional) along with any extra sauce remaining.