- 2-3 bunches baby carrots
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3-4 fresh thyme sprigs
- A few knobs butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F
- Trim and wash/scrub carrots.
- Lay a large piece of aluminum foil on a work top horizontally. Position the carrots horizontally in the centre of the foil leaving a good border of foil all round.
- Scatter the thyme leaves, fennel seeds and parsley on top then season generously with sea salt and black pepper, dot carrots with a few knobs of butter.
- Lay a second piece of foil – the same size as the first on top of the carrots and seal the left, right and bottom edge to form a parcel or envelope. Into the remaining open end pour in the wine then seal the open edge to create a sealed pillow.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked yet just a little firm in the centre – test with a small knife through the centre of the foil pillow.
- When cooked, slice open foil pillow and serve carrots piping hot.