Super simple and quick, versatile and very summery in their freshness yet work brilliantly in colder months too ~ Baby Minted Potatoes pair so well with many dishes; lamb and fish, in particular but they’re just a great staple and ready to serve in seconds once the potatoes have boiled.
It’s not 100% necessary you use organic butter* for these, but if you can get some it’s worth it as these are so simple, it’s a bonus if you can incorporate the best ingredients possible.
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- Handful fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 30 g unsalted organic butter, melted*
- Good pinch sea salt flakes, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon infused olive oil
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with cold water, salt well, add the potatoes (skin on) and bring to the boil, reduce to a high simmer and cook until a knife goes through the centre easily (about 25-30 mins but check as they cook after 20 mins).
- Drain and add to a large mixing boil along with the chopped mint, melted butter, a good drizzle of lemon oil, crushed sea salt and a good seasoning of freshly ground black pepper. Using a large spoon coat the potatoes very well in the mixture and turn out immediately into a large serving bowl. Serve straight away with an extra knob of butter and a few baby mint leaves.