- 250g rock salt
2/3 cup (50g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
1/3 cup (25g) grated Parmesan
3 tsp horseradish cream*
4 artichoke hearts in oil,
drained, thinly sliced
1 tbs olive oil
1 eschalot, peeled, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
5-6 thin pancetta slices, chopped
2 tbs pine nuts
16-20 oysters on the half shell
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Scatter the rock salt onto a baking tray, and then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sourdough breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan, horseradish cream and thinly sliced artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat, add the thinly sliced eschalot, followed by the garlic, and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the white wine, followed by the chopped pancetta and continue to cook for a further 5-7 minutes, until meat is crispy and wine has reduced.
- Add the pine nuts and cook for 3 minutes, stirring, or until lightly toasted. Reduce heat to low, then add the breadcrumb mixture and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring, until the breadcrumbs turn light golden brown. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the oysters on the half shell onto the baking tray that has been scattered with rock salt, then top oysters with the breadcrumb mixture. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the oysters in the pan with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
* From delis and providores.