- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 fresh sweetcorn cobs, husks on
- 12-16 baby Roma tomatoes, halved length-ways
- 1 large (or 2 small) chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1-1.5 teaspoons harissa paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Handful flaked almonds
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- A few sprigs fresh marjoram
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup natural organic yoghurt
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon EVVO
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Soak sweetcorn in a large bowl of water (or clean sink) for 5-10 minutes in their husks (this helps prevent burning on the BBQ).
- Cook in husks, directly on a hot BBQ grill for 20-25 minutes, turning often until cooked through. Remove paper husks, allow to cool and carefully slice off kernels using a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Place quinoa into a medium-sized pot and cover with 3 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat then reduce to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Drain and set aside.
- Into a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the harissa paste, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste, whisk together then add the thinly sliced chicken, stir to coat in marinade, cover bowl with cling wrap then transfer to the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- While chicken is marinading, place tomatoes on a baking tray, cut side up, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large frying pan, warm over medium-heat then add the marinated chicken, fry gently until cooked through.
- Turn cooled quinoa out onto a large, non-stick metal baking tray. In a small bowl combine paprika and cayenne pepper then sprinkle evenly all over quinoa, toss all together thoroughly. Sprinkle flaked almonds on top and again toss together to combine. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until quinoa is golden and toasted. Remove from oven, combine with spiced chicken, sweet corn and roasted tomatoes, then turn out into a serving bowl or platter.
- Scatter with fresh baby basil leaves, a few marjoram leaves and serve warm with lemon yoghurt dressing.
- To make the dressing; combine all ingredients together and serve chilled with warm salad.
Serves 8 as a side