- 3 large handfuls fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup ground almonds, sieved
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 165ml milk
- 1.5 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C (350˚F)
- Grease a 20cm (8″) deep baking dish, into which add all the pitted cherries (retain a few if you like to stick into the top of the clafoutis half-way through cooking).
- Add ground almonds and caster sugar into a mixing bowl, combine. Crack eggs into a jug and whisk then add the milk and Amaretto. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour batter over the cherries and scatter the top with flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the filling is set. Serve warm with a dusting of icing sugar and whipped cream (optional).
- Note: The recipe is adapted from Taste.com.au.
- Original recipe can be found here