For the creamy chipotle sauce:
- 2.5 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 3 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the pizza:
- 2 free-range, chicken breasts (approx. 180g each)
- 1 long green capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 long green chilli, very finely sliced 60-80g blue mild blue cheese (quantity depending on taste)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 quantity tomato sauce (see recipe here)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 12” Lebanese breads (wholemeal or white)
- Place all ingredients for the creamy chipotle sauce into a bowl and combine thoroughly. Spoon half the mixture out into a separate serving bowl and set aside as you will use the contents of the second bowl as a drizzle on the cooked pizza.
- Cut chicken breast into fine slices and coat thoroughly in the first bowl of chipotle sauce. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat (Note: you don’t need any oil) add the chicken and sauce to the pan. Turn the heat down to low-medium and cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is just cooked through (about 10-12 minutes). Take care when cooking the chicken as it can splatter a bit. Turn off heat.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of pre-prepared tomato sauce* (recipe above) over the Lebanese bread then top with half the cooked chicken, capsicum and chilli, crumble half the blue cheese all over and finally scatter half the walnuts on top. Repeat the process with the second pizza until all the ingredients are used up. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook in a pizza oven for 8-10 minutes one at a time, or both in a conventional oven on the bare oven rack for 12-15 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Serve hot with the pre-made extra chipotle sauce, which you can liberally drizzle over the pizzas.
Recipe makes 2 pizzas