- 1 large brown onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1kg courgettes (zucchini), chopped into 2cm slices
- 250g garden peas (use frozen if you like)
- 500ml or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 50g Stilton (or any other strong blue cheese you like)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and dice the onion, add to a large pot along with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook over medium heat until onion has softened, chop the garlic roughly and add to the onion. Cook for a further 2 minutes then add the courgettes and the peas and continue to cook until veggies have a little colour.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer, season to taste with salt and pepper then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the courgettes are soft. Take the pot off the heat and add all ingredients into the jog of a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and crumble in the blue cheese, test for seasoning add more if required to taste. Gently heat the soup continually stirring allowing the cheese to melt all the way through the liquid.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or regular pouring cream and an extra crumble of blue cheese on top.