- 3-4 large handfuls baby Brussels sprouts
- 6 rashers free-range bacon, finely chopped into small pieces
- 2 bunches broccolini, florets and stalk into small pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the sprouts and boil for 2-3 minutes, drain and plunge sprouts into a bowl of iced water.
- Repeat the process with a second pot, add in the broccolini and boil for 2-3 minutes before again draining and plunging into a large bowl of iced water.
- Dry fry pine nuts in a large frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, tossing often to avoid burning, when nuts are golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- Return frying pan to medium heat, add the finely chopped bacon and cook until browned and crispy, drain on paper towel.
- Using the same frying pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil then drain sprouts and broccolini and toss in the sprouts and broccolini, toss in the pan a few times and cook for a few minutes to crisp up, add the bacon and toasted pine nuts toss all together then squeeze over the juice and zest of one lemon.
- Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.