I mentioned a product in the Bits and Bobs section called ‘Acai’ powder. Acai (ah-sigh-EE) is a high antioxidant energising berry that grows only in the Brazilian Amazon and on Colombia’s Pacific Coast. Acai is consistently named one of the planet’s Top Ten AntiOxidant Superfruits, packed full of 19 Amino Acids, Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, and P (bioflavonoids), minerals like potassium, iron, phosphorous, and calcium, fibre content of 30%, trace elements, Omegas 6 and 9, and unusually for a fruit, lots of protein.
I’ve been incorporating Acai powder into my breakfast diet and regularly use it mixed into smoothies. Here’s a recipe for one I drink 2 or 3 times per week. Super easy and quick to make.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons pro-biotic natural yoghurt
- 4-5 large strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2″cm cube fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated on a microplane
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons Acai powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender jug and whizz for 30 seconds until smooth, pour into a chilled glass and serve.