- 500 g pre-made gnocchi 4 slices (3mm thick)
- mild pancetta or bacon, cut into 1cm strips
- 6 large leaves cavolo nero Italian spinach
- 1 cup or small handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sunflower or Olive oil
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil, add a dash of olive oil and a good pinch of salt then add in the pre-cooked gnocchi.
- Continue to cook until the gnocchi rise to the top of the water then remove with a slotted spoon, drain and add to a large frying pan in while you have warmed 2 tbsp olive or sunflower oil.
- Toss the gnocchi in the oil and cook over medium heat until the outsides are crisp and golden, stir the gnocchi often whilst frying so as to avoid it sticking together. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another large pot cook the cavolo nero in boiling, salted water for 3-5 minutes, drain and plunge into a large bowl containing iced water, drain, pat dry on paper towel and then slice spinach into thin strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in an additional large frying pan and cook the pancetta or bacon until cooked and crispy, drain on paper towel and toss the cherry tomatoes into the same pan, adding a tbsp of olive oil if you wish.
- Cook for 5 minutes seasoning with salt and black pepper then add the bacon back into the pan along with the cavolo nero strips and gnocchi. Toss all together to combine, then add the lemon zest.
- Turn out onto a serving platter, squeeze lemon juice all over gnocchi and season again with salt and freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and scatter the top with a generous amount of fresh Parmesan shavings.
- Serve with crusty bread.