- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 80g cocoa, sifted
- 185g butter, melted
- 1 punnet raspberries – fresh are best but you can use frozen if required
- 1 small jar Nutella chocolate spread
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (390˚F)
- Butter liberally 8-10 individual mini loaf tins ~ the ones I used were approx. 9cm x 6cm/4” x 2.5”.
- You can use a standard 12 hole cupcake tray – if you do you just need to add less ingredients to each cupcake hole.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a stand mixer until light and creamy (5-7 mins medium-high speed), then add in the flour and cocoa and continue to beat until well incorporated. Pour in the melted butter and beat for a further few mins until you have a smooth, dark, rich batter. (This raw batter has got to be one of the best ever and virtually impossible to not keep eating from the bowl!)
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each of the pre-prepared tins. Spread out evenly to coat the base of the tin, followed by 1 teaspoon of Nutella, which you place in the middle of the tin, then add 3-4 raspberries on top and top with a further tablespoon of cake batter. Smooth out the tops, dot a raspberry or two on the top of each cake and repeat with all the other tins until batter is used up.
- Bake for approx. 10-12 mins or until a skewer comes out of the cake clean and dry – test this to the right of left of the centre as remember the Nutella is sitting in the middle. Allow cooling before removing from the tins and serve the cakes warm
Makes 8-12 cakes *depending on size of tins.