Original recipe featured in ABC Delicious Magazine ~ March 2013 Edition
- 8 figs, halved lengthways
- 2 handfuls of seedless black grapes
- 1 tbs honey, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100ml limoncello*
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds
- 1 cup (240g) creme fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the figs, cut-side up, on the tray. Trim grapes into small bunches and place on the tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) limoncello. Drizzle limoncello mixture over the fruit, then roast for 15-20 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, scatter the almonds on a separate baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden – check regularly as the nuts can burn easily.
- Combine the creme fraiche with the remaining 2 tbs limoncello.
- To serve, divide limoncello creme fraiche among 4 serving plates. Top each plate with 4 fig halves and 1-2 bunches of grapes. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with extra honey.