For the pizza sauce:
- 120g soft goat’s cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Leaves from 3-4 stalks fresh mint, finely chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the pizza:
- 250g fillet lamb sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- 8 slices (approx. 200g) deli bought marinaded eggplant slices, cut into strips
- Handful pistachios, roughly chopped
Few fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 x 12” Lebanese breads (wholemeal or white)
- To make the pizza sauce, add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together (you can use a stick blender or food processor if you prefer), set aside.
- Lay lamb sirloin on a clean surface and coat all sides with the Dijon mustard, season thoroughly with crushed sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, warm over medium heat then add the lamb searing on all sides for about 1 minute each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to rest before cutting into paper-thin slices.
- To assemble the pizza, spread half the pizza sauce onto the Lebanese bread then add half the eggplant strips and the lamb slices. Repeat with second pizza. Cook in a pizza oven for 8-10 minutes one at a time, or both in a conventional oven on the bare oven rack for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a scattering of pistachios, a few fresh mint leaves, a generous drizzle of pomegranate molasses and lots of freshly ground black pepper.Recipe makes 2 pizzas