- 6-8 large Truss tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Light olive oil
- 1 cups Manchego cheese, grated, plus extra for serving
- Sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 120˚C (248˚F)
- Cut tomatoes in half widthways and place 3-4 halves cut-side up into each tapas dish (you’ll need 4 individual dishes or 1 large one).
- Over each dish of tomatoes pour 1/3 cup olive oil and season tomato tops very well with crushed sea salt flakes and a decent amount of black pepper, place 3 or 4 large basil leaves around the tomatoes sinking them into the oil.
- Roast tomatoes for 1.5 hours in the pre-heated oven until soft, remove and sprinkle tops with 1/4 cup grated Manchego per dish then return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with extra grated Manchego, fresh basil leaves and crusty, grilled bread.