- 10 – 12 medium to large potatoes
- 300ml cream
- 50g butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C (350 ̊F)
- Slice potatoes very thinly (0.75mm using a mandolin if possible), wash and drain, pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan add all the remaining ingredients and warm to infuse flavours. Add the potatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Tip contents into a baking dish, sprinkle with a dusting of nutmeg and bake until bubbling, golden brown and potatoes are cooked when tested in the middle with a knife (approx. 30-40 mins).