by Hallie Knippel
- 1 lb (500 g) flour
- 7 oz (200 g) lard or margarine
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg, whole
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 oz (150 g) walnuts, ground up
- 5 oz (150 g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 390 ̊F (200 ̊C)
- Combine all ingredients to make the dough.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll dough out on a floured board to 1/4” thickness. Cut out cookies with cutters.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on rack and ENJOY!