- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 large/2 small bakery-bought blueberry muffin, crumbled into small pieces
- 2 ripe yellow peaches, stone removed & flesh cubed
- Handful fresh blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries (use fresh if you can but frozen is fine)
- 5-6 stalks fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Place slivered almonds on a baking tray, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of caster sugar and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and caramelised, remove and place half the almonds (setting the remaining half aside) in a food processor and grind down to a fine/sandy texture.
- Add sifted flour into a mixing bowl, using your hands rub in chilled butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar and ground almonds.
- Place rhubarb into a bowl and coat with remaining 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, turn out into a baking dish, top with the cubed peaches and raspberries then scatter the crumbled muffin on top followed by a handful or two of crumble mix (depending on personal pref.) finally sprinkle top with the blueberries and remaining roasted slivered almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top if golden brown and fruit in the bottom cooked (use a skewer to test).
- Serve warm with vanilla cream.