- 100g butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons Frangelico liqueur
- 2/3 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup whole roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment.
- Into a medium-sized saucepan add the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Bring to the boil over high heat then reduce to medium/low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat then add the flour and baking powder stirring all well to combine.
- Into the hot mixture add all the remaining ingredients, mix then pour out onto preprepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until dark golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. You’ll notice the outside of the brittle will harden first leaving the centre part softer. Break off the hardened edges and set these aside then return the softer middle part to the oven for a further 10 minutes. remove and allow to cool thoroughly.
- To serve, smash the brittle into small pieces and place in serving bowls (great for after dinner nibbles with coffee) or place into clear cellophane gift bags, close bag with ribbon or twine and use as homemade Xmas pressies