- 8-10 baby sweet potatoes, halved length-ways
- 6-8 small parsnips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon runny Beechwood (or similar) honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Half-fill a large pot with salted water and par boil the sweet potatoes, drain and add to a roasting tray.
- Add minced garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil and ground nutmeg to a jug and whisk together.
- Top and tail and peel the parsnips, then cut lengthways into quarters and add to the roasting tray along with the sweet potatoes.
- Scatter with fresh thyme leaves and season with a little salt, and lots of freshly ground black pepper then drizzle over the garlic/nutmeg oil, toss all together then add a final drizzle of honey. Roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes until golden and caramelized.
- Serve with a little sea salt and a few extra fresh thyme leaves.