This is a crazy easy and simple salad, pardon the pun but not exactly rocket science either. I eat this on its own all the time although i do have a habit of going OTT on the grated Pecorino (!). It pairs great with beef so for a simple summery BBQ dish this is always a sure bet.
- 3 large handfuls rocket leaves, washed
- 100g Pecorino cheese
- 75g pine nuts
- Top quality Balsamic vinegar (the best you can afford)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast pine nuts in a large non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat, tossing pan often to avoid burning. Toast until kernels are lightly golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place rocket into a large serving bowl, scatter with cooled pine nuts and finely grate Pecorino cheese all over.
- Season with a little freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with balsamic ~ do try and use the very best, aged balsamic that you can get your hands on for this dish.