- 4 cups cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 30 minutes until liquid is reduced by 1/2 volume and cherries are caramelised and softened.
- Remove from heat, strain cherries, reserving the liquid.
- Set cherries aside and place liquid back into saucepan.
- Simmer the liquid until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cherries back in.
- Serve cold with pâté, cold meats or blue cheese.