For the beef patties:
- 500g lean minced beef
2 teaspoons horseradish cream
1 teaspoon hot English mustard
½ large brown onion peeled and finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup pecans, finely chopped
1 long green chilli, finely chopped
Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the blue cheese sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
50g blue cheese (I used Cashel Blue)
1 tablespoon milk
Juice ½ lemon
1 tablespoon light olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread rolls
Tomato, thinly sliced
To make the beef patties:
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl to form the burger mixture.
- Split mixture into 4 equal balls, press into a round 9cm/3.75” cookie cutter to form 4 burger patties then place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper, cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove from fridge and brown in a lightly-oiled frying pan for a minute or two all over, then transfer to a baking dish and finish cooking in a preheated oven set to 180˚C/350˚F, for 10 – 12 minutes until meat is cooked through, or to your liking.
To make the blue cheese sauce:
- Place all ingredients together in a jar and shake well to combine.
- Serve burger in crusty warm bread rolls with blue cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickles and fries.