Featured as part of my Delicious Magazine November 2012 editorial
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 French-trimmed 8-cutlet lamb racks
8 eschalots, halved
For the caper & herb crust:
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed, drained
4 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup mint leaves
8 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
2/3 cup (100g) chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (382˚F)
- For the crust, place the capers, herbs, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper in a food processor and whiz for 1 minute or until very finely chopped. Add the peanuts and process until just combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Season lamb, then in 2 batches, cook, turning, for 1 minute each side or until browned. Rest for 15 minutes, then press crust onto each lamb rack.
- Place eschalot on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and place the lamb on top.
- Roast for 35 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the roasted eschalot.