By Sanda Pagaimo: www.littleupsidedowncake.com
- 500g flour, sifted
- 250g butter
- 4 tbs of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of one lemon
- Vanilla infused icing sugar
- Rosehip Jam (I used cherry jam)
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C (350 ̊F)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and caster sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk, combine. Add lemon juice, stir, then add flour.
- Roll out dough to a thickness of 1.5 cm.
- Using a 2.5 inch cookie cutter, cut out round and place on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 20 minutes. The cookies should remain pale visually.
- Cool on a wire rack, when cold toss each cookie in a bowl containing a few tablespoons of powdered/ icing sugar then sandwich two cookies together with a teaspoon of sieved cherry or rosehip jam.