By Julia: www.sonntagsessen.blogspot.com
- 100g ground almonds
- 280g flour
- 70g sugar
- 200g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g vanilla sugar
- 50g icing sugar
- Mix almonds with the flour and sugar and add the butter (cut the butter into really small pieces).
- Add the egg yolks and knead the dough with cold hands until smooth.
- Form small rolls (5 cm long, 1.5 cm thick) and curl both ends towards you to form a ‘C’ shape. *Note I rolled out the dough and I used a cutter for the ones opposite to cut out crescent shaped cookies.
- Grease a baking sheet and bake at medium heat 180 ̊C (350 ̊F) until golden brown.
- Meanwhile mix the vanilla sugar with the icing sugar in a small bowl. Remove the cookies from the oven and roll in the vanilla sugar/confectioner’s sugar mix carefully whilst they are still warm.