A great, healthy way to cook chicken with minimal effort or time. The chicken in turn pairs great with the lemon and tarragon. The yoghurt adds a zesty zing and the crunchy toasted walnuts are great for adding extra texture. Bringing the filling to work in a jar or Tupperware container avoids the dreaded soggy lunchtime sandwich.
- Handful walnuts
- 1 free-range chicken breast, cut into 3 long strips
- 8-10 whole black peppercorns
- 2 small lemons
- 1 stick celery, very finely sliced
- Small bunch fresh tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek style, runny natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 wholemeal wraps or 2-4 slices wholemeal/multigrain bread
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Scatter walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes, remove, cool and roughly chop.
- Half-fill a medium-sized saucepan with cold water. Season with a little salt and add in the whole black peppercorns along with the zest and juice of one lemon. Bring to the boil over high heat for 5 minutes to infuse flavours, and then add the chicken strips. Turn heat down to low, cover saucepan with lid and poach chicken for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Turn off heat. Remove chicken from pot and slice into bite-sized small chunks.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the toasted walnuts; celery; chopped tarragon leaves; yoghurt; mayonnaise; zest and juice of remaining lemon and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken and coat thoroughly.
- Place into an airtight container or jar and chill in the fridge over-night or until required.
- Bring container to work, chill until lunchtime and serve in a wholemeal wrap or multi-grain bread